Sunday, October 10, 2010
Notting Hill & Regent's Park
Well my first week of school is over!! Crazy that I only have about 8 weeks left haha. My class on Friday was Human Learning and Memory which actually turned out to be a fairly interesting class. The only problem is that it is a 2 hour class so I tend to tire towards the end. On Friday night Alyssia and I went over to Genna's house with Michelle and we hung out with a bunch of people from AU and had a lot of fun. On Saturday Michelle, Alyssia, and I went to Notting Hill (which is the same place where the movie Notting Hill was filmed..go figure) We walked down to Portobello Road which is where the market is. I am obsessed with English markets which is a good thing because there are about 342,984,732 of them. The Portobello Market had a lot of antiques, tons of fresh fruit, veggies, baked goods, and other various items. I ended up buying a beautiful scarf, a brown leather jacket, and a huge loaf of bread for a pound! While we were strolling down the market all of a sudden there was a huge fight going on. Apparently two men stole something and started to run away and the cops chased after them and threw one of them to the ground and the other guy who got away from the cops two citizens got him and brought him back to the cops. There was a tun of yelling and a lot of commotion. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched. It was very entertaining for awhile. After the excitement ended we walked further along and spent about 3 hours at the market before going home. Later that night Alyssia and I went to a pub with our friend Mimi who also goes to American but is studying in London this semester. We went to a pub in South Kensington which is right next to where she lives. We walked in and there was a bartender that she had met before named Mario (he said his name like Mario does in the video games it was very funny) He is from Rome and has a strong accent so we could not really understand what he was saying. At one point he looked at me and said I was very tidy and we were all like what tidy? And he said tidy, clean...and Mimi was like do you mean pretty and he said o yes yes pretty. haha After Mario left we got a drink, sat down at a table, and then hung out until the pub kicked us out. It was really fun except for the bus ride back which took about an hour because of traffic. Today which is Sunday Alyssia and I went grocery shopping and then I walked to Regents Park which is about a 5 minute walk from our apartment. Regents Park is 494 acres and is BEAUTIFUL. I walked around for a little while, then sat down in the grass and listened to music. It was so peaceful and a great place to people watch! I stayed there for about 2 hours and then strolled home. I will now be going there every time it is sunny out because there is so much to see and it is gorgeous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment